Have you ever felt that moment of pure inspiration?
Your adrenaline gets pumping and you feverishly create whatever the inspiration directs you to create. Then you get ready to release it into the world, only to find obstacle after obstacle after dang obstacle.
The fire fueling the inspiration is then subsequently and often rather quickly snuffed out to a smoldering ember. And your motivation seems to have burned out as well.
I understand this confusing, frustrating, and downright aggravating scenario first hand. I have been working on launching a program for a while now. It feels like a LONG LONG while.
The program itself came into creation rather easily. And every time I look at it I am super happy with it. Then I begin the launch process and discover one block after another. Whether it is website issues, e-commerce issues, plug-in issues, outreach issues, they all seemed to tumble in.
For a while I was angry and even depressed. After taking my lap in the pity pool I got out, dried myself off, and began looking at the circumstances. My conclusion was that it just was not the right time. The Universe was altering my timing.
Now I may not understand why, but I accept it. I had to really take a long hard look at my path. I feel great about the program. Intuitively I am right on track. So now… I wait.
This can be so confusing, but I believe – after much meditation, that what I need will show up when the time is right.
There are many good lessons happening at this time.
I guess in a nutshell I am being directed to rely on my faith. I know like I know like I know that this program is meant to be released. So now… I wait.
I have always said that I am lucky patience is not the ONLY virtue cause then I’d be out of luck! But this is a great exercise in patience. So now… I wait.
I believe in leading by example. And one mantra I have learned and truly 100% believe in that I need to focus on the WHAT, not the HOW. The HOW will show itself. So now… I wait.
I have also had the time to look up. Who knew that there is a lot of life continuing to go on? Perhaps life that needs my attention. Well I guess there is another lesson! I have had the opportunity to cultivate more partnerships and affiliations and deepen relationships. (Maybe partnership, affiliations and relationships that will come to play in the launch… hmmmmm…..) So now… I wait.
If you are finding yourself in a similar place here are some tips to get through “the wait”:
- DON’T FORCE. It can be easy to keep your head down and plow through no matter what. But this resistance is happening for a reason.
- Take time to settle. Introspection is your friend, especially at this time. Take a look at what you are working on. Is it still right for you? If no, then it’s time to listen to where you need to go next. If yes, then it’s time to keep your ear open to opportunity and act when the time is right.
- Take the time to lift your head up and see what is going on around you. Perhaps there is something in your life that needs your attention.
- Don’t get lazy. The wait isn’t an opportunity to do nothing and let time pass. It is a time to review, hone, tweak, and cultivate. The steps may be closer to baby steps, but remember even meditation/introspection is action.
- Enjoy the ride. There is no use getting all worked up. Things are clearly not happening right now. There is a reason. Instead of getting angry and frustrated (resulting in low vibration) remain open and excited for what is coming down the path. It will come. Now is your time to get ready!
Once I accepted this resistance as part of the journey the waiting has become easier. But it has not become an excuse to do nothing as I wait. I continue to look for opportunities, strengthen associations, listen to my sphere and audience, and keep planning.
The inspired action will return and things will be off and running again.
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR NEWSLETTER OR WEBSITE?
Just include this complete statement with the content: A. Lynn Jesus, CEO and Purpose Expert with Thriveology, is dedicated to helping people discover their purpose and live life on their terms. Are you ready to get started? Stop going through the motions and find your Why with her FREE guidebook The Life (and Sometimes Coma) of Why.