Have you dedicated time to making goals?
Have you been working hard on your goals?
Goals take work. There is no way around it. In order to achieve these it requires action. This wouldn’t be the case if you already possessed your goal, but if that is the case – you need to work more on setting bigger goals!
It is often said that if your goals don’t scare you – they aren’t big enough. Goals that stretch you and cultivate growth are scary. The require attaining new skills, nurturing new behaviors and changing deep seated habits. They necessitate learning new things and pushing current limits.
And once goals are met, new ones are added to the list and work begins again.
Buy antabuse canada - Buy antabuse in canada
If time is not taken for celebration motivation will wane, if not die out altogether! And that is deadly for goals. Our psyche needs rejuvenation from time to time.
In order to maintain optimum motivation and progress on goals, make sure and stop to smell the roses. This serves several purposes:
- Acknowledging progress keeps motivation high. When you can look back and see advancement toward your goals the sense of achievement helps keep the fire lit!
- Reviewing previous work also allows for analysis. These pauses are great times to make sure you are still on target, or make revisions NOW if needed. It is much better to apply needed modifications to action steps earlier, rather than later. Waiting too long to make changes may prove to be too much work to course correct and you will give up.
- A break is needed to keep up stamina. This is work and if you do not take a breath you will grow exhausted. This exhaustion will rob you of wanting to keep going. Plus our minds get cloudy when we are too tired. This hiatus will help maintain a strong connection to your intuition and direction.
- You deserve it! Working on goals is not meant to be a hair shirt. They are not burdens through which you must trudge. Goals should be energizing and inspiring too!
- You won’t miss opportunities. If it’s nose down too long you will get tunnel vision. Occasions for partnerships, collaboration, or business opportunities may be missed if you aren’t looking around once in a while.
- Parties are fun! Celebration serves as a great reminder of the noble journey you are on. And it is about the journey. Don’t lock on to the end goal and forego the journey!
These celebrations are also great if you are leading a team. The same principles apply. It is imperative to keep your team motivated and moving forward and in a group environment is it essential to stop and recognize the good work being completed. Don’t go longer than about 6 weeks without having some form of celebration for a job well done for your crew and to show appreciation of everyone’s efforts.
Also keep in mind, these celebration do not have to be huge bank-busting events. Target a treat for yourself, perhaps a favored coffee drink, or an extended walk, or a new shirt. In a team environment it can be as simple as an ice cream social or a pizza party during lunch. It is the event of celebrating, not the “thing” that is important.
So remember to take some time to stop and enjoy the view! Your motivation will thank you for it!
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR NEWSLETTER OR WEBSITE?
Just include this complete statement with the content: A. Lynn Jesus, CEO and Purpose Expert with Thriveology, is dedicated to helping people discover their purpose and live life on their terms. Are you ready to get started? Stop going through the motions and find your Why with her FREE guidebook The Life (and Sometimes Coma) of Why.