cytotec bukalapak I saw a great quote recently: An optimist is someone who figures that taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster, it’s a cha-cha.
Have you ever felt like you (temporarily) lost your mojo…. Then found it, only to feel derailed again?
This has been my life recently.
I have previously written about finding your mojo again. (Check out my post on Drinking My Own Champagne for tips.) But this back and forth kind of threw me. I mean, I write about this stuff. I know this motivational, transformational, living your purpose stuff! What the heck??!!
But as I continue to let this journey unfold – yes, unfold, I am coming to some realizations.
- Mojo cannot be forced. It just can’t. It can be nurtured. It can be encouraged. But when you are in a “Cha-Cha Season” it just cannot be forced.
- The imbalance MEANS something! So stop and just listen. This can be very difficult when you want to get back into the zone again… and fast. Also see bullet above!
- Be patient. Another toughy for me! Things are obviously in flux. Something is morphing, changing, adjusting. Ride it out. This is a cocoon time. Something is brewing and getting ready to get awesome IF we allow it to!
- The future steps of this journey are really unchartered territory. It can be easier when the path is crystal clear. But in this time of back and forth the next step can be quite blurry. And that’s ok. Just recognize it for the unclear path that it is.
- Listen to your heart/intuition/gut. The nudge to continue forward is a sign that you are on the right (albeit unclear) path. This is where faith comes in to play as well. If your signs are coming from your core – it is a signal. The trick will be to make sure they are coming from your core. It’s easy to place signals that let you take the easy way out as coming from your core. Be honest!
- Take stock of what you know like you know like you know… but might not be able to explain. I know I want to be of service. I know I want to share and help others get to where they want to be. I know I am grateful for EVERYTHING in my life – even this uncertain time. I know like I know like I know I am heading in the right direction – even if I can’t necessarily describe my next step.
- Keep moving! Fear will rear its ugly little face at this time. Just look at it, smile, and take a step to the right or left to get by it. Don’t stay stationary playing the staring game. You will lose! Look past the fear. You got this!
As I processed these realizations my apprehension and frustration have turned into excitement. I am not 100% sure where I am headed, but I know it’s going to be good. I’m an optimist… and becoming an awesome cha-cha dancer as well!
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR NEWSLETTER OR WEBSITE?
Just include this complete statement with the content: A. Lynn Jesus, CEO and Purpose Expert with Thriveology, is dedicated to helping people discover their purpose and live life on their terms. Are you ready to get started? Stop going through the motions and find your Why with her FREE guidebook The Life (and Sometimes Coma) of Why.